WILLIAM ARTHUR PHILIP LOUIS
Because of you I knew it was ok for a little boy to want to make dresses. May you rest in peace Oscar de la Renta.
Oscar de la Renta, famous Dominican-born designer has died at age 82. The news of his passing come after de la Renta had appointed Peter Copping as the Creative Director of the brand just a week ago. De la Renta had been battling cancer for a while, however, the official cause of death has not been released. (x)
“Now is the most exciting time in fashion. Women are controlling their destiny now, the consumer is more knowledgeable, and I have to be better every single day.”
In honor of Vanity Fair’s 20th anniversary issue in September 2003, various European royals posed for the magazine’s spread “To Be Young & Royal”. Well known celebrity and royal photographer, Mario Testino, photographed the royals for the occasion.
Royals from Bulgaria, Norway, Sweden, The United Kingdom, Denmark, The Netherlands, Spain, Luxembourg, Monaco, and Greece all participated in the spread including future monarchs; Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, Prince Charles of Wales, and Prince William, Duke of Cambridge.
Celebration of the wedding of Princess Juliana of the Netherlands and Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld, 8 January 1937 in the colony, back then when Indonesia was Dutch East Indies.
Almost all the pictures were taken in Bandung, West Java.
- Chinese arch, Kantor Pos Besar (Groote Postweg) Bandung.
- Same location.
- The Sultan’s entourage, Langkat Sultanate (North Sumatra) - either they were Europeans, the Sultan’s men dressed in European clothing (or clothing with European influence), or the combination of all.
- Alun-alun (city square), Bandung.
- Chinese Indonesians with musical instruments, Bandung.
- Decorated street and buildings, Kantor Pos Besar Bandung.
- Senior members of the administration board and businessmen at church service, Willemskerk (now Immanuel Church), Weltevreden (Jakarta Pusat). The Dutch East Indies governor general, B.C. Young, was supposedly among the crowd.
- A parade in Bandung.
- Toraja natives of South Sulawesi in war attire.
- Members of the Temesias hockey club.
The royal couple were married in Den Haag a day before.
The King of Spain, being 6’5 and all, realizes he may just be blocking a few people from the cameras.
Haakon taking a selfie with Knarvik VGS